Saturday 7 February 2015

REVIEW: Nivea Express Hydration Primer

Today i'm going to be doing a review on the Nivea Daily Essentials Express Hydration Primer (Dry/Sensitive). As this is my first ever post i thought a review was a good starting off point and this is one of my favorite products!


A few basics...


Price?- £4.99
Size?- 50 ml 
Where can i buy it?- Superdrug, Boots, Larger Supermarkets

What does it claim to do? 

'A light gel cream which absorbs instantly so you can apply make-up right away. Moisturises your skin with Effective Hydrators & Vitamins for long-lasting hydration and provides an even and smooth base for effective make-up application. Helps make-up to stay in place.' (came from here!)




How do i use it?

I just take a blob of it and place some on both cheeks, my nose, chin and forehead and massage it in to my skin each morning after using moisturiser, but before applying make-up, and it has now become part of my daily skincare regime. 

My thoughts...

I've been applying the primer every morning for the last 2/3 weeks, and have noticed a visible difference in my skin condition. My once dry and flaky skin is now soft and it leaves the skin visibly glowing. Despite this, i have on two occasions felt my skin getting irritated, which i put down to the strong alcohol/chemically scent from the product. This may however, not be a problem for those without sensitive skin. Also, despite claiming to be a primer, i would never consider this as a make-up product and haven't noticed a difference in my make-up staying in place which defeats the purpose of it claiming to be a primer.

If you have dry skin the Nivea Primer would be an excellent addition to your skincare routine to give extra hydration to skin, however if you have Oily skin i personally wouldn't purchase it as to me, it doesn't have any effect on the lasting power of make-up which a typical primer would tend to do.


Rating- 3/5


Would i repurchase it? Yes





Have you tried the Nivea Express Hydration Primer?

No comments:

Post a Comment