Thursday 12 February 2015

REVIEW: Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream

Today i'm going to be reviewing the Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream in the shade 'Light'. I bought this around the summer time last year, but just never got round to using it for a long period of time, however I've started using it the past few days, and I feel like it deserves a review on my blog especially since we have the warmer month ahead which means minimal make-up!


The Basics…

Price?- £7.99

Size?- 30ml

Where can I buy it?- Superdrug, Boots or larger supermarkets!

What does it claim to do?

'Maybelline Dream Fresh 8 in 1 BB Cream. Instant fresh-faced Glow without looking all made up.
Our gel based formula enhances skin with 8 benefits in 1.
  1. Creates a natural glow
  2. Compliments skin tone
  3. SPF30 UV Protection
  4. Hydrates all day
  5. Blurs imperfections
  6. Oil-free & non-greasy
  7. Looks visibly smooth
  8. Feels fresh' (tooken from here)
How do i use it?

Usually i'll just rub this in with my fingers, however i've found using it with the Real Technique Expert Face brush gives better coverage.



My Thoughts..

For the past few days i've been using the Maybelline Dream Fresh and trying to convince myself that it is as good as people say, however i am struggling. It claims to 'Blur Imperfections' which suggest that it has a good coverage however i beg to differ. I find it gives a very sheer covering but wouldn't cover any spots or mild redness. The cream itself has a sticky-ish consistency which isn't a problem for me, however those with oily skin may find this a problem. I do however like the glow it gives to my skin, which i find hard to achieve due to having very dry skin that often looks dull.



Unfortunately i wouldn't repurchase it. Although the SPF30 is brilliant in the summertime, i don't feel like it gives me a good enough coverage and it claim's to do alot more than it actually does. The lasting power of the product is also an issue, as due to it being quite sticky/greasy it tends to melt off my face in the warmer weather.. not an attractive look!



Rate out of 5?- 2/5


Have you got a favorite BB Cream for the warmer months?

No comments:

Post a Comment